The Fox Valley Ballet Scholarship is available for students within the Fox Valley region who show talent in the field of dance but are financially prohibited from participating in dance programs or furthering their dance training. The scholarship provides partial financial support towards class tuition at their current dance training facility, summer intensives, or special dance workshops. Fox Valley Ballet was proud to award 8 students over $3,000 in scholarship aid in 2019!
- The applicant must be aged 10 through the completion of high school at the time of the application deadline.
- The applicant must reside within the Fox Valley region, including Chicago Western Suburbs.
- The applicant must study at a dance studio within the Fox Valley region, including Chicago Western Suburbs.
- The applicant must have at least 2 years of prior formal dance training.
- The applicant must demonstrate talent and potential for further growth in the field of dance.
- The applicant is not eligible if they have been a recipient of a Fox Valley Ballet Scholarship in the last year.
Scholarship Recipient Expectations
If granted a Fox Valley Ballet Scholarship, recipients will be expected to meet the following expectations to continue receiving funding:
- The recipient must demonstrate dedication to the art of dance.
- The recipient must demonstrate dedication to their dance training.
- The recipient must maintain excellent attendance with no unexcused absences.
- The recipient or their parent or guardian must volunteer for at least one Fox Valley Ballet event within one year of receiving the scholarship.
- The recipient must demonstrate positive behavior in the classroom and should strive to be a good role model for other students.
- The recipient should be available to receive the award at the Fox Valley Nutcracker or Fox Valley Ballet Dance Festival.
- Completed application form
- Completed Fox Valley Ballet Release of Liability and Photography Release Waiver
- Letter of recommendation from a current dance teacher or studio director
- Verification of the number of hours spent in technique class per week
- Verification of the number of years spent training with this teacher/studio
- Submitted by the instructor/studio director to [email protected]
- Essay portion, please include:
- How does dance positively impact your life?
- How do you envision your future in dance?
- What would this scholarship mean to you in achieving those goals?
- Application video:
- Two contrasting pieces
- One piece must be classical ballet (performance material or class work)
- Content must be age appropriate
- Total time not to exceed 5 minutes
- Hosted on YouTube or Vimeo
- Household Financial Information
- Deadline: February 29, 2020 8:00PM