Fox Valley Ballet, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization, is excited to announce open auditions for The Fox Valley Nutcracker. We invite dancers of all levels to audition for a role in this beloved Fox Valley holiday tradition as we return to the stage.
Sunday, July 30, 2023
Batavia Fine Arts Centre
1250 W Wilson St
Batavia, IL 60510
10:30-11:00am – Boys and Girls ages 5-6 (Must be 5 by Sept 1)
11:00-11:45am – Girls ages 7-8
11:45am-12:15pm – Boys ages 7-11
12:15pm-1:15pm – Girls ages 9-11 (Some boys may be asked to stay for this audition)
1:30-2:00pm – Girls and Boys 12+ Beg/Adv Beginner (1-2 years dance experience)
2:00-3:00 – Girls and Boys Ages 12 & up Int/Adv students (Pointe and non-pointe roles. Male and Females with 3+ years of Int/Adv dance training)
3:00-3:30pm – Adults & Actors (No dance experience required! Come and have fun!)
- Auditions will be held at the Batavia Fine Arts Centre in Batavia, IL. Please enter off of Wilson St. and check-in at the “Cast and Crew Only” Door.
- Parents will be asked to wait outside during the auditions.
- Ballet attire is required for auditions. Boys must wear a white t-shirt with black pants/shorts.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your audition time to check-in and warm up.
- Bring a headshot (no larger than 4×6) to the audition. Headshots will not be returned.
- Video auditions will be accepted no later than August 1. Please see website for more information on video auditions.
- Non-refundable audition fee of $25 per participant is due at the time of registration. *Audition fee will be applied to the participation fee.
- Non-refundable participation fee of $275 per participant to assist with production costs including costumes, choreographers, venue rental, etc. Participation fee is due by the first rehearsal on August 28, or cast member will not be allowed in rehearsal. Participation fee also includes a cast t-shirt.
- Participation fee discounts are available for families with 2 or more participants. Parents/Guardians can perform in the show with the participation fee waived. Audition fee still applicable.
- Students participating must be enrolled in at least one ballet class at an established dance school or training facility during the production period.
- Mandatory orientation meeting on Sunday, August 27 at 11:30 am. Participants and at least one parent/guardian must attend or will not be eligible to participate.
- ALL REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY. Please DO NOT audition if you cannot commit to the rehearsals and performance dates. Participants may not be required for every Sunday or for the entire rehearsal day but we do ask that they hold the day for rehearsals if called.
- Rehearsals are Sunday, August 27 through November 20.
- Rehearsals will be on Sundays between 12:00 pm and 5:00pm. Times may vary depending on the role and participants may not be needed each week.
- Rehearsals will be held at Soleunique Dance Complex in North Aurora, IL.
- Tech/Dress Rehearsals will be November 20-22 & 24th. Times to be provided during orientation.
- Performances will be November 25 & 26, 2023 at the Batavia Fine Arts Centre.
- Weekly rehearsal schedules will be posted in the cast portal in advance. Schedules are typically posted prior to the first week of the month.
- Only ONE excused absence will be allowed per student. An excused absence is considered a religious obligation, wedding, and school-related events. The absence MUST be approved by the Artistic Director by August 27. An unexcused absence may result in dismissal from the show or replacement in a role. Please note any potential conflicts on audition form.