Fox Valley Ballet, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization, is excited to announce open auditions for The Fox Valley Nutcracker. We invite dancers of all levels to audition for a role in this beloved Fox Valley holiday tradition as we return to the stage.
Sunday, August 22, 2021
Batavia Fine Arts Centre
1250 W Wilson St
Batavia, IL 60510
10:30-11:00am – Boys and Girls ages 5-6 (Must be 5 by Audition date)
11:00-11:45am -Girls ages 7-8
11:45-12:45pm – Girls ages 9-11
1:00-1:30pm – Boys ages 7-11
1:30-2:00pm – Girls and Boys 12+ Beg/Adv Beginner (1-2 years dance experience)
2:00-3:00pm – Girls and Boys Ages 12 & up Int/Adv students (Pointe and non-pointe roles. Male and Females)
3:00-3:30pm Adults & Actors (No dance experience required!)
Auditions will be held at the Batavia Fine Arts Centre in Batavia, IL. Please enter off of Wilson St. and check-in at the “Cast and Crew Only” door.
Parents will be asked to wait outside during the auditions.
Ballet attire is required for auditions. Boys must wear a white t-shirt with black pants/shorts.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your audition time to check-in and warm up. Warm-up class will not be given during the audition this year.
Bring a headshot (no larger than 4×6) to the audition. Headshots will not be returned.
Video auditions will be accepted no later than August 27. Check back for more information on video auditions.
- Non-refundable audition fee of $25 per participant due at the time of registration. *Audition fee will be applied to the participation fee.
- Non-refundable participation fee of $275 per participant to assist with production costs including costumes, choreographers, venue rental, etc. Participation fee due by the first rehearsal on Sunday, September 12, or cast member will not be allowed in rehearsal.
- Participation fee discounts are available for families with 2 or more participants. Parents/Guardians can perform in the show with the participation fee waived. Audition fee still applicable.
- Students participating must be enrolled in at least one ballet class at an established dance school or training facility.
- Mandatory orientation meeting on Sunday, September 12 at 11:00 am. Participants and at least one parent/guardian must attend or will not be eligible to participate. In-person vs. remote will be noted at a later date.
- ALL REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY. Please DO NOT audition if you cannot commit to the rehearsals and performance dates. Participants may not be required for every Sunday or for the entire rehearsal day but we do ask that they hold the day for rehearsals if called.
- Rehearsals begin Sunday, September 12 and go through November 21.
- Rehearsals will be on Sundays between 12:00 pm and 5:00pm. Times may vary depending on the role and participants may not be needed each week.
- Rehearsals will be held at Soleunique Dance Complex at 1050 Corporate Blvd Unit D, Aurora, IL 60505
- Tech/Dress Rehearsals will be November 22-24 & 26. Times to be provided during orientation.
- Performances will be November 27 & 28, 2021.
- Weekly rehearsal schedules will be posted in the cast portal at foxvalleyballet.org. Schedules are typically posted prior to the first week of the month.
- Only ONE excused absence will be allowed per student. An excused absence is considered a religious obligation, wedding, and school-related events. The absence MUST be approved by the Artistic Director by September 12. An unexcused absence may result in dismissal from the show or replacement in a role.
- All participants will be required to follow Fox Valley Ballet’s COVID guidelines in conjunction with the CDC recommendations. Masks will be required throughout the entirety of the rehearsal process. Mask requirements for tech week and performances will be determined at a later date.
- In the event of an illness, positive COVID-19 test or contact with a positive COVID-19 case, the participant’s parent will be required to contact Fox Valley Ballet at 630-232-0683 or via e-mail at [email protected] immediately. Further instructions will be provided per individual case.